What information do we collect? How do we use it?
- When you order a product or service, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number, and expiration date. This allows us to process and fulfill your order and to notify you of your order status.
- When you order or register your product, create a CoPilot Live account, or contact ALK for support, we ask for your name, e-mail address, and mailing address so we can inform you of news about your product and as a means to verify eligibility for support, upgrades, and warranty service.
- When you sign up for our E-newsletter, we need only an e-mail address -- which we use to send the information you requested.
- When you enter a contest or other promotional feature, we may ask for your name, address, and e-mail address so we can administer the contest and notify winners.
- We may also use the information we collect to occasionally notify you about important ALK news, special offers, or new product releases that we think you'll find valuable. If you would rather not receive this information, we include an "unsubscribe" option in each e-mail we send.
- When you connect to the CoPilot Live service or otherwise submit GPS tracks to ALK, we store and use your GPS information together with that of other users to perform product functions such as determining characteristics of the roads you are traveling on. We do not ask for, store, or associate any personal identifiers with your GPS information.
- When you send a message using our CoPilot Live service, we store those messages together with your CoPilot Live account information so you can see what messages you have sent recently.
How does ALK protect customer information?
Your personal information is secure because we work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. SSL encrypts the transmissions from both ALK's server as well as your computer. You'll know that it is secure when you see a yellow padlock icon in the status bar.
What about "cookies?"
"Cookies" are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer's hard drive. Our cookies do not store any personal information, but they do enable us to store your web site preferences and settings between visits.
ALK does not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to make your use of ALK's services possible and to enhance your user experience. We do not sell, trade, or rent your personal information to others.
Webstore - Information Transfer Consent
By choosing to complete an order on the ALK webstore you consent to the transmission of your personal data to and by PayPal and permit processing and use of the same by PayPal in order to process your transaction. Your data may be exported outside the European Economic Area and the data includes without limit 'sensitive data' as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
Links to other sites
Please note that ALK offers links to a wide variety of other sites. We do not control how these other sites gather and use information about their users. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of all sites you link to from our sites.
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on 25 May 2012.