CoPilot GPS FAQs
Are you a CoPilot Live v8 customer? If so, upgrade to CoPilot GPS and unlock our latest and greatest turn-by-turn voice-guided navigation features for FREE!
About CoPilot GPS
- Where can I download CoPilot GPS for free? CoPilot GPS is available to download for free on the App Store (iPhone/iPad) and Google Play (Android)
- What navigation features are included in CoPilot GPS? CoPilot GPS is an offline route planning and local exploring app. It includes premium quality 2D street maps stored on-board your device, powerful route planning with a multi-stop trip optimizer, millions of POIs, and more. link
- Can I upgrade to the full navigation features that are included in CoPilot Live Premium? Yes. For a premium navigation experience you can upgrade to full CoPilot Live navigation via in-app purchase and enjoy: 3D map views, speed limit warnings, and realistic ClearTurn™ display with lane indicator arrows at complex junctions. Please note ActiveTraffic™ is not included in the upgrade. You will need to purchase a 12 month subscription for ActiveTraffic via in-app purchase.
- What is the difference between upgrading to full navigation features through the CoPilot GPS app and purchasing the CoPilot Live Premium app? If you purchase CoPilot Live Premium you will also receive 12 months of ActiveTraffic™ service as standard.
- What happened to LiveLink? CoPilot GPS does not include the LiveLink feature that was available in CoPilot Live v8. Instead, CoPilot GPS includes the ability to post your location or destination to Facebook and Twitter. We recommend using other third party standalone applications for tracking friends. Some good ones are: Find My Friends (Apple), Google Latitude, Glympse
- Does CoPilot GPS include the latest maps? Yes, it has the latest quarterly maps that are available in CoPilot Live v8 and CoPilot Live Premium.
- I used the GPS route playback/demo mode in CoPilot Live v8, is that feature available in CoPilot GPS? To preview a planned route in CoPilot GPS, first enter a departure and destination in Plan or Edit Trip, then tap the video camera icon in the bottom left corner and select Route Demo. It is not possible to play back GPS tracks previously created.
Note: We do not support these 3rd party services.
- Is CoPilot GPS available for the iPad 3G or 4G? Yes, CoPilot GPS is a universal app and runs both on iPhone and iPad 3G or 4G.
- Does CoPilot GPS work on iPod touch? Yes it will. An external Bluetooth GPS receiver (such as the Bad Elf or Dual XGPS150A) is required for turn-by-turn navigation as the iPod touch does not have an in-built GPS receiver.
- Will CoPilot GPS be available for Windows Phone / Windows Mobile? No CoPilot GPS will not be available for Windows Phone or Windows Mobile.
CoPilot GPS Map Regions (existing paid customer)
- Is it possible to have multiple map regions installed on CoPilot GPS? Yes, you can download and install multiple Pan Regions within the same CoPilot GPS app. Pan Regions include: Pan Europe, North America and Australia + NZ. You will need to purchase each additional map region via in-app but you do not need to download and install a new app from iTunes or Google Play.
- Is it possible to have multiple single country regions installed on CoPilot GPS? No it is not possible to install more than one single country region.
- How can I purchase additional map regions? You can purchase additional map regions via in-app. Tap MyCoPilot > MyMaps. Please note you must complete the paid upgrade to full CoPilot GPS navigation before doing so.
- Can I download maps over 3G if I don't have access to WiFi? Yes, although please note that map regions can be as large as 2 GB in size, so if you are roaming in another country or have a small data allowance, you may be charged for bandwidth by your mobile network operator. We strongly advise you to check with your mobile network operator on how much bandwidth allowance you have per month and how much you have remaining for the current month before using 3G for downloading maps. 3G speeds can be slow or unreliable depending on your location which may require longer download times or having to re-download if you cannot download the entire map in attempt.
- Can I pause map downloads? Yes you can pause a map download by tapping MyCoPilot > My Maps > Manage Maps, then tap the pause button next to the map that you are downloading.
- I have multiple CoPilot Live v8 application regions purchased, e.g. UK and North America. Can I merge these into the single CoPilot GPS application? Yes you can providing you used the same CoPilot ID when activating these previously.
Community Questions & Answers